Sunday, October 18, 2009

TIme For Miracles is HERE!





It's been an incredible week for Adam Lambert fans all over the world and I'm no exception!

I was going through some serious shit at the beginning of the week -- Shadow had his procedure, my dad had a heart thing, and when all the dust settled, I got sick. Still am in fact. The voice is gone. Poof. Just like that. And on top of that, I'm hacking out huge globs of phlegm. Oh joy! NOT! LOL

But all things Adam made this week so much easier to pass. I was seriously jonesing for an Adam fix by then, he'd virtually dropped off the radar after the American Idol Tour, and Adam did not dissapoint. He virtually exploded back into the media scene on Monday! Thanks to my good buddies on Twitter, @adamlambert, @SG_Glamberts, @Globerts, @GlambertTwat, @MrLambertPress, @ooipau and @serene_yip, I was able to follow Adam's exploits... some of them in REAL time. Gotta love the internet! Gotta love annual leave! *bounces*

So Monday, Adam phoned in to Ryan Seacrest's morning radio show -- it was nighttime here -- and dropped a bomb! He would be PERFORMING at the American Music Awards on 22 November, two days before his CD comes out! Whoa! Personally, I have NEVER watched the AMAs, but I'll certainly make it a point to do so this year! Another first for me! And then Adam went on to present the AMA nominees with Paula Abdul and Snoop Dogg. A weird trio in so many ways, but it hits you hard visually when tiny Paula is sandwiched between two fully-grown men! And Adam looked fabulous! Our boy cleans up real good!

And then yesterday... Adam tweets that he will be on the COVER of Details magazine! Anoher cover! Whoohoo! And my magazine peeeps are off in India on a pilgrimage. Talk about bad timing! I shudder when I remember what I had to go through to get my mitts on the Rolling Stone with Adam on the cover... But the SG_Glamberts have come to my rescue. I love our esteemed web mistress and the other people in that community, they have helped me get so much Adam stuff! Not to mention they keep me informed on everything Glambert!

OMFG! Check out the Details cover below. Doesn't he smoulder so beautifully? And the pictures inside are unlike anything we have ever seen. Go buy it! Go on! You have to see to believe. Prudes BEWARE!





Remember how I freaked when 30 seconds of Lambert's new song, Time For Miracles, was leaked last week? Hah! That's nothing compared to what happened yesterday! After ding donging on the release date; first it was 16th Oct, then 18th Oct, 20th Oct, 25th Oct, and finally 27th Oct, it was unexpectedly released in a few European countries yesterday. Hmm... methinks someone did not get THE memo! Great news for all Glamberts though.

I was trolling the bookstores looking for Details, which is not in Singapore yet, when I had an urge to check my Twitter. Thanks to Broadband on Mobile I was able to to do. What I wasn't able to do was contain the shriek that came out when I saw this tweet: Time For Miracles by Adam Lambert is available for download. OMG! OMG! OMFG!!!

The bookstore was abandoned and I almost ran to the McDonalds a few floors down. I bought my usual large Coke, do you think I'd be able to eat anything at this point?, and secured a table at the far end of the restaurant. The people esconced there were not impressed with my bull in a china shop inpression. Imagine this: a not too small woman, carrying a huge bag, stomping towards you, weaving too quickly in between tables and chairs that are placed way too close together. Scary huh? YEPPERS! Anyway, I managed to get to the table without seriously damaging anybody, sat down and pulled out my laptop... thank god for WiFi. Ten minutes later, I was listening to the WHOLE song while sipping my Coke.

AND I LOVED IT! Big surprise there! Adam can sing the phone book and I'll love it! LOL I tried not to expect too much... I mean, it's the song that'll play over the closing credits of 2012, this year's big end of the world epic, and from what I've heard so far, all 60 odd seconds, brought back memories of Aerosmith's I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, which I really HATED! But as I was listening to Time For Miracles yesterday, and ignoring the glares from people who wanted my table -- apparently it's really difficult to get a table at McDonalds at 8.30pm!, I realised that Adam made all the difference. He SAVED the song. Sure it was formulaic; the words were cheesy, and the arrangement bombastic and over the top, but Adam's crystal clear voice rose above all that and shone through beautifully, much like a rainbow after a thunderstorm. Eh... I beg artistic license. Give the girl a break. I'm hyped up on cold meds!

Long story short. Good song. Great performace. But I predict Adam will get a lot of criticism for it. People like to tear him apart for some reason. And so many seem to want him to fail. I have no idea why people do that. If I don't like something, I just don't buy/listen/read/watch it. I don't go around making rude and hurtful comments! All haters need to GET A LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment