Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Shadow Update



Shadow is back on his feet again!

I'm pleased to report that Shadow is much better today! YAY But I'm not. I seem to have developed a cold and sore throat. Good thing I took the week off to look after the mutt. But it looks like he may have to look after ME from tomorrow!

Shadow finished his last round of pain killers this morning, and then he actually went to the door and barked at nothing. Later, he ran around the flat a few times, chased his ball and gnawed at a Greenie! Now that's the Shadow I know and LOVE!

He still has seven more days of antibotics; after day 1, he refused to take the pink pill orally. I had to crush it and put it in milk to trick him! The milk was a huge success. Didn't hurt that it was chocolate flavoured! However, I don't think milk for seven straight days is going to help with his weight problem though... LOL

I started him on the gum gel today. And what a nightmare that was. The doctor suggested I use a towel to lightly dab the gel onto Shadow's gums. Easy for him to say considering the mutt was unconscious when he stuck his hand in its mouth!

Anyway, Shadow was in full EVIL mutt mode this morning. He struggled, growled and snapped at me. He even bit me... good thing he has less teeth these days! Eventually, the silly canine stopped struggling when he realised the gel was all good; it's slightly minty and was a cooling balm to his inflamed gums. He still pretended NOT to like it and growled the entire time. He even tossed his head about for good measure, but he stopped biting me. Far be it for me to tell him the gum gel would help. He wouldn't believe it anyway.

Shadow is now out for the count. I'm taking cold meds and joining him. It's nap time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shadow, first time visiting your blog, and love it!

    B J

    ReplyDelete