Sunday, October 11, 2009

Random Rant





That's happy Adam, so you know it's RANT time! I'll try to keep this brief... something I'm sure everyone will appreciate! LOL

Today's topic: People on the MRT (subway)... or should I say, people who annoy me on the MRT!

A lot of things can be said about Singapore's MRT. World class, economical, clean, safe, blah... blah... blah...

I won't argue with any of that, although the six minute wait is a bummer, and the sometimes sweltering heat in the trains makes my head spin.

What I really don't like are those down-riding escalators. Don't get me wrong. I hate stairs with a vengeance and I totally see the need for these escalators, but I have no desire to linger on them longer than necessary. I mean, their sole purpose is to cart passengers from the train platform to the main floor so they can exit the station and get to their intended destination. Right? You betcha!

Which brings me to today's rant. I HATE people who muscle their way out the trains and rush to escalator, only to hog it and make it difficult for other communters, i.e. ME, who want to get off the bloody thing ASAP!

Today was different. I was not my usual tolerant self. By tolerant I mean merely giving the evil eye to the morons who force their way out of the trains and cut me off at the escalator.

I was running on minimum sleep and in full bitch mode. That's not an excuse, bitchy is my normal mode; ask my friends!, but my filters tend to vanish when I'm tired. Anyway, I was muscled aside by TWO idiots who procceeded to stand side by side on the escalator, blocking the way for anyone (ME!) who wanted a quick ride down...

I was stuck behind those two asses, and they didn't budge even after a polite excuse me. I remember rolling my eyes and sighing... and then the F word escaped my lips. They turned to me with dropped jaws and a path immediately cleared. That was bloody effective; they were too shocked to react, and by the time they gathered their wits about them, I was long gone!

Three burning questions:

Do I have to swear everytime I need the path cleared?

More importantly, should I try this again tomorrow?

And does anyone believe I was just singing Lily Allen's very amusing song?

No comments:

Post a Comment